Soil Data Access Accessibility Features
This page provides information one needs for accessiblity.
- Section 508, an amendment to the United States Workforce Rehabilitation Act of 1973, is a federal law mandating that all electronic and information technology developed,
procured, maintained, or used by the federal government be accessible to people with disabilities. Technology is deemed to be "accessible" if it can be used as effectively
by people with disabilities as by those without.
- The U.S. Department of Agriculture is committed to making its electronic and information technologies accessible to individuals with disabilities by meeting or exceeding the
requirements of Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act (29 U.S.C. 794d), as amended in 1998.
- All Soil Data Access web pages have been updated to meet Section 508 Accessibility requirements.
- USDA Accessibility information can be found through the following link: USDA 508 Information.
- NRCS Accessibility information can be found through the following link: NRCS 508 Information.
- The following contact information is provided so that users can request an accommodation due to a disability.
- Persons with disabilities who require alternative means for communication of soil survey information should contact the NRCS at the USDA Service Center that services the county of interest. You can do
so through the following link: NRCS at the USDA Service Center.
- The USDA TARGET Center converts USDA information and documents into alternative formats, including Braille, large print, video description, diskette, and audiotape. For more information, visit the TARGET Center's Web site or call the Center at (202) 720-2600 (Voice/TTY).
The USDA TARGET Center web site can be found through the following link: The USDA TARGET Center.
- You may contact a soil scientist for a specific state through the following link: State Soil Scientist.
- General NRCS Soils contact information can be found through the following link: NRCS Soils Contact Information.
|Navigate to most elements
|Use the Tab key to navigate forward and the Shift + Tab key combination to navigate backward.
|Use the Enter key to go to a link.
|Use the Enter key or the Spacebar key.
|Use the Spacebar key to check/uncheck a checkbox.
|Use the Up/Down arrow keys or the Left/Right arrow keys to select an option.
Use the Tab key to move to the next element.
|Select (Drop Down) Menu
|Use the Up/Down arrow keys to navigate between menu options.
Use the Spacebar key to expand.
|Use the Tab key to move to the next element and the Shift + Tab key combination to move to the previous element.
Use the Enter key to expand or open the menu item selected.